ICY HOT® ORIGINAL BACK PATCH
Targeted pain relief you can feel working instantly.
Rise from pain with the Icy Hot® Back Patch. Feel the power of Icy Hot® contrast therapy — it starts out with a cooling sensation to dull your pain, followed by a warming sensation to relieve achy muscles and joints.
The back patch is available in a single patch or a three-pack of 75%-larger XL patches.*
Powerful pain relief
Works on muscles and joints
Stays in place
Wear for up to eight hours
Use as directed.
*Compared to the Icy Hot® Back Patch
Regular: 5-count pack
XL: 3-count pack
Where to buy
Targeted relief for:
- simple backache
- remove backing from patch by firmly grasping both ends and gently pulling until backing separates in middle
- carefully remove smaller portion of backing from patch and apply exposed portion of patch to affected area
- once exposed portion of patch is positioned, carefully remove remaining backing to completely apply patch to affected area
- apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch by folding sticky ends together.
- on wounds or on irritated or damaged skin
- with a heating pad
- use only as directed
- do not bandage tightly
- avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
- do not expose the area to local heat or to direct sunlight
- rare cases of serious burns have been reported with products of this type
- a transient burning sensation may occur upon application but generally disappears in several days
- avoid applying into skin folds
- condition worsens or symptoms persist for more than 7 days
- symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
- redness is present or excessive skin irritation occurs
- you experience severe burning pain, swelling, or blistering where the product was applied
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with:
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
For external use onlyDo not use
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Menthol is a topical analgesic that provides pain relief.
aluminum hydroxide, cellulose gum, glycerin, isopropyl myristate, methyl acrylate/2-ethylhexyl acrylate copolymer, nonoxynol-30, polyacrylic acid, polysorbate 80, sodium polyacrylate, sorbitan sesquioleate, starch/acrylic acid graft copolymer sodium salt, talc, tartaric acid, titanium dioxide, water
Frequently Asked Questions
You may be able to use your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account to purchase certain OTC products like Icy Hot® Back Patches. The passage of the CARES Act by Congress includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider for eligibility.
Do not use Icy Hot® Back Patches with other Icy Hot® products or any other topical pain analgesics. Use all products only as directed.
Do not use a heating pad or ice pack while using Icy Hot® Back Patches.
Yes, please refer to the package for expiration dates. Do not use Icy Hot® Back Patches after the labeled expiration date. Use as directed.
Icy Hot® Back Patches do not contain aspirin or aspirin derivatives.
While the time it takes Icy Hot® Back Patches to start working varies by individual, most can feel fast relief.
For adults and children over 12 years, apply one Icy Hot® Back Patch to the affected area for up to 8 hours. Repeat as necessary, but do not use more than 3 to 4 times daily. Use as directed.
Women who are pregnant or think they may be pregnant should check with their healthcare provider before using Icy Hot® Back Patches.
Icy Hot® Back Patches may be worn under clothing. See product packaging for complete usage directions. Use as directed.
Icy Hot® Back Patches cannot be reused.
Each Icy Hot® Back Patch is 10cm x 20cm and the XL back patch is 14cm x 25cm. No, do not cut Icy Hot® Back Patches or attempt to modify them in any way. Use only as directed.