ICY HOT® ORIGINAL BACK PATCH
Targeted pain relief you can feel working instantly.
Rise from pain with the Icy Hot® Back Patch. Feel the power of Icy Hot® contrast therapy — it starts out with a cooling sensation to dull your pain, followed by a warming sensation to relieve achy muscles and joints.
The back patch is available in a single patch or a three-pack of 75%-larger XL patches.*
Powerful pain relief
Works on muscles and joints
Stays in place
Wear for up to eight hours
Use as directed.
*Compared to the Icy Hot® Back Patch
Regular: 5-count pack
XL: 3-count pack
Where to buy
Targeted relief for:
- simple backache
- remove backing from patch by firmly grasping both ends and gently pulling until backing separates in middle
- carefully remove smaller portion of backing from patch and apply exposed portion of patch to affected area
- once exposed portion of patch is positioned, carefully remove remaining backing to completely apply patch to affected area
- apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch by folding sticky ends together.
- on wounds or on irritated or damaged skin
- with a heating pad
- use only as directed
- do not bandage tightly
- avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
- do not expose the area to local heat or to direct sunlight
- rare cases of serious burns have been reported with products of this type
- a transient burning sensation may occur upon application but generally disappears in several days
- avoid applying into skin folds
- condition worsens or symptoms persist for more than 7 days
- symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
- redness is present or excessive skin irritation occurs
- you experience severe burning pain, swelling, or blistering where the product was applied
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with:
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
For external use onlyDo not use
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Menthol is a topical analgesic that provides pain relief.
aluminum hydroxide, cellulose gum, glycerin, isopropyl myristate, methyl acrylate/2-ethylhexyl acrylate copolymer, nonoxynol-30, polyacrylic acid, polysorbate 80, sodium polyacrylate, sorbitan sesquioleate, starch/acrylic acid graft copolymer sodium salt, talc, tartaric acid, titanium dioxide, water
Frequently Asked Questions
You may be able to use your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account to purchase certain OTC products like Icy Hot® Back Patches. The passage of the CARES Act by Congress includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider for eligibility.
Do not use Icy Hot® Back Patches with other Icy Hot® products or any other topical pain analgesics. Use all products only as directed.
Do not use a heating pad or ice pack while using Icy Hot® Back Patches.
Yes, please refer to the package for expiration dates. Do not use Icy Hot® Back Patches after the labeled expiration date. Use as directed.
Icy Hot® Back Patches do not contain aspirin or aspirin derivatives.
While the time it takes Icy Hot® Back Patches to start working varies by individual, most can feel fast relief.
For adults and children over 12 years, apply one Icy Hot® Back Patch to the affected area for up to 8 hours. Repeat as necessary, but do not use more than 3 to 4 times daily. Use as directed.
Icy Hot® Back Patches can be purchased without a prescription. Visit the Where to Buy page to find your closest retailer.
Women who are pregnant or think they may be pregnant should check with their healthcare provider before using Icy Hot® Back Patches.
Icy Hot® Back Patches may be worn under clothing. See product packaging for complete usage directions. Use as directed.
Icy Hot® Back Patches cannot be reused.
Each Icy Hot® Back Patch is 10cm x 20cm and the XL back patch is 14cm x 25cm. No, do not cut Icy Hot® Back Patches or attempt to modify them in any way. Use only as directed.
PRO No Mess
Targeted, next-level pain reliever* so you can perform at your best.
Get PRO-level No Mess relief for achy muscles and joints.
Arm, Neck and Leg Patch
Targeted, fast-acting pain relief for your arms, neck, and legs that you can wear for up to eight hours.