ICY HOT® MEDICATED PATCH
Targeted pain relief you can feel working instantly.
Rise from pain with the Icy Hot® Medicated Patch. Feel the power of Icy Hot® contrast relief — it starts out with a cooling sensation to dull your pain, followed by a warming sensation to relax muscles and joints.
The medicated patch is available in a five count pack.
Works on muscles and joints
Stays in place
Wear for up to 8 hours
Regular (5-count pack)
XL (3-count pack)
Targeted relief for:
- simple backache
- remove backing from patch by firmly grasping both ends and gently pulling until backing separates in middle
- carefully remove clear plastic backing from patch and apply exposed portion of patch to affected area
- once exposed portion of patch is positioned, carefully remove remaining backing to completely apply patch to affected area
- apply to affected area as needed for up to 8 hours
- wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch by folding sticky ends together.
- on wounds, irritated or damaged skin, or if irritation develops
- with a heating pad or cover with additional bandage as this may result in excessive skin irritation or skin burn
- use only as directed
- avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
- skin burns (swelling, erythema, bullous lesions, pain) including severe skin burns and skin necrosis have sometimes been reported with products containing menthol
- rashes and/or burning discomfort and/or hypersensitivity such as allergy have been known to occur, in these cases discontinue use
- condition worsens or symptoms persist for more than 7 days
- symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
- you experience pain, swelling, or blistering
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with:
Children under 12 years of age: do not use
Consult a healthcare professional for use beyond 7 days.
For external use onlyDo not use
When using this product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Menthol is a topical analgesic that provides pain relief.
aqua, glycerin, methyl acrylate, 2-ethylhexyl acrylate, nonoxylnol-30, polyacrylic acid, starch, acrylic acid, talc, sodium chloride, sodium polyacrylate, isopropyl myristate, carmellose sodium, tartaric acid, polysorbate 80, titanium dioxide, sorbitan sesquioleate, aluminum hydroxide
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Icy Hot® Medicated Patch while using other pain relief products? Can I use two Icy Hot® products at the same time?
Do not use Icy Hot® Medicated Patches with other Icy Hot® products or any other topical pain analgesics.
Can I use a heating pad/ice pack while using Icy Hot® Medicated Patch? If so, how long until I can apply a heat/ice pack?
Do not use a heating pad or ice pack while using Icy Hot® Medicated Patch.
Do Icy Hot® Medicated Patch expire? If so, can I use them past the expiration date?
Yes, Icy Hot® Medicated Patch has an expiry date, please refer to the package for expiration dates. Do not use Icy Hot® Medicated Patch after the labeled expiration date.
Do Icy Hot® Medicated Patch contain aspirin?
Icy Hot® Medicated Patch do not contain aspirin or aspirin derivatives.
How long does it take for Icy Hot® Medicated Patch to start working?
While the time it takes Icy Hot® Medicated Patch to start working varies by individual, most can feel it working fast.
How often can I use Icy Hot® Medicated Patch? Can I use them multiple times in one day?
For adults and children over 12 years, apply one Icy Hot® Medicated Patch to the affected area for up to 8 hours.
Do I need a prescription to buy Icy Hot® Medicated Patch?
Can I use Icy Hot® Medicated Patch while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding or think they may be pregnant should check with their healthcare provider before using Icy Hot® Medicated Patch.
Where can I apply Icy Hot® Medicated Patches? Can I use them under my clothes?
Icy Hot® Medicated Patch may be worn under clothing. See product packaging for complete usage directions.
Can I reuse Icy Hot® Medicated Patch?
Icy Hot® Medicated Patch cannot be reused.
How big are Icy Hot® Medicated Patches? Can I cut them into smaller pieces?
Each Icy Hot® Medicated Patch is 10cm x 20cm and the XL Patch is 14cm x 25cm. No, do not cut Icy Hot® Medicated Patch or attempt to modify them in any way.