ICY HOT® LIDOCAINE CREAM
Maximum-strength pain relief.*
Numb the pain away with Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream. Formulated with the maximum-strength lidocaine concentration available without a prescription* to deliver pain relief that works fast and lasts.
Use for targeted relief
Lasting pain relief
Use as directed.
*Among OTC topical analgesics
Sizes: 2.7 oz tube | 1.75 oz tube
Where to buy
- apply a thin layer to affected area every 6 to 8 hours, not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- massage until thoroughly absorbed into skin
- wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after each use
- in large quantities
- on wounds or on irritated or damaged skin
- with a heating pad
- use only as directed
- do not bandage tightly
- avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
- do not expose the area to local heat or to direct sunlight
- rare cases of serious burns have been reported with products of this type
- a transient burning sensation may occur upon application but generally disappears in several days
- avoid applying into skin folds
- condition worsens or symptoms persist for more than 7 days
- symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
- redness is present or excessive skin irritation occurs
- you experience severe burning pain, swelling, or blistering where the product was applied
Use for the temporary relief of pain.
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
For external use onlyDo not use
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Lidocaine HCl 4%
Lidocaine is a topical anesthetic that helps ease minor pain. 4% is the maximum-strength concentration available over the counter.
Menthol is a topical analgesic that provides pain relief.
acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, alcohol denat. (15%), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, aminomethyl propanol, C30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, caprylyl methicone, cetearyl alcohol, ceteth-20 phosphate, dicetyl phosphate, dimethicone, disodium EDTA, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, isohexadecane, methylparaben, polysorbate 60, steareth-21, water
Frequently Asked Questions
You may be able to use your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account to purchase certain OTC products like Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream. The passage of the CARES Act by Congress includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider for eligibility.
Do not use Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream with other Icy Hot® products or any other topical pain analgesics. Use all products only as directed.
Do not use a heating pad or ice pack while using Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream.
Yes, please refer to the package for expiration dates. Do not use Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream after the labeled expiration date. Use as directed.
Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream does not contain aspirin or aspirin derivatives.
While the time it takes Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream to start working varies by individual, most can feel relief in minutes.
For adults and children over 12 years of age, apply a thin layer of Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream to affected area and massage until thoroughly absorbed into skin. Repeat as necessary, but no more than 3 to 4 times daily. Use as directed.
Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream can be purchased without a prescription. Visit the Where to Buy page to find your closest retailer.
Women who are pregnant or think they may be pregnant should check with their healthcare provider before using Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream.
Icy Hot® Lidocaine Cream comes in a tube.
Lidocaine Dry Spray
Numbing pain relief that sprays at any angle and dries fast, so you don't have to worry about any dripping or a mess.
Max Lidocaine Patch
Numbing pain relief made with a comfortable fabric that stays in place.